Pad Krung Garing Bplah Kapong
Serves 2 Cooks in 15 minutes Difficulty Easy
Pad Krung Garing Bplah Kapong is an easy, simple version of a classic Thai curry using tinned sardines. Its a perfect meal when your kitchen cupboards are empty and you need something spicy. Translated this dish would be Tinned Sardines fried in Red Curry Paste.
Usually this dish would be prepared with chicken or pork, using tinned sardines just gives it that convenience thing when you dont have the fresh ingredients to hand as you can buy tinned sardines at every small supermarket here in Thailand.
At my cooking class in Khao Lak we usually prepare this meal with pork. Important is not to forget the fried egg to top the dish.
- 1 tin of sardines in tomato sauce
- 25 g red curry paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 long beans, chopped 2 cm long
- handful of sweet basil
- 2 kafir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp pork stock
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 sweet chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the curry paste, stir well then add the fish sauce and around 3 tablespoons of water.
- Add the fish can and long beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes .
- Add the kafir lime leaves, sweet chilli, sugar and pork stock and stir well.
- Finally, add the sweet basil, turn off the heat and give a final stir.
Serve with steamed Jasmine rice and top with a fried egg.
Hope you enjoy Pad Krung Gairng Bplah Kapong by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.