Serves NA PREPS in 130 minutes Difficulty EASY
I use pork a lot when teaching at my Thai cooking class in Khao Lak, especially in stir-fries and noodle dishes. When time allows I like to prep the pork in advance.
My simple pork preparation will make the pork softer and even more tasty. In Thai we just say Muu Num which simply means soft pork.
With a few simple ingredients and a little time you can prep your pork for awesome Thai stir fries.
- 300g pork sliced (at least 1/2cm thick)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Mix the baking soda and water until the baking soda has dissolved.
- Add the pork and mix well. The best way is by hand.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
Pre-prep you pork in this way for dishes like Rad Naa (noodles with pork in gravy), Phad Sii Yew Muu (fried wide noodles with pork) or stir fried pork with vegetables
Hope you enjoy my Muu Num by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.