Tom Ka Gai
Serves 2 Cooks in 40 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 150g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 thumb sized piece of galangal
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 tomato seeded and sliced
- 20g fresh coriander
- 20g long coriander
- 2 lime leaves
- 1/2 onion peeled and cut into petals
- A good handful of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5-8 chillies cut into thin strips
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Add the galangal, lemongrass, chillies, lime leaf, sugar, fish sauce, tamarind sauce, stock and water to the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling add the chicken, onion, tomato and mushrooms.
- Cook for 5 mins until chicken cooked.
- Add the lime juice, both types of coriander and spring onions (saving a few coriander leaves and a little spring onion for garnish)
Serve in a bowl and top with a few coriander leaves and spring onion.
Hope you enjoy my Chicken in Coconut Soup. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.