Serves 3-4 (as a Starter) Cooks in 180 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 300g chicken breasts, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 tbps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 coriander roots
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 8 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cucumber, cut lengthways into 1/8’s then chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1 sweet red chilli
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 50g massaman curry paste
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1/2 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 4 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Smash the garlic and coriander root.
- Combine all the ingredients and marinate the chicken in the fridge for three hours.
- Put the chicken on sticks and grill.
- Brush the chicken with coconut milk and turn and brush again.
- Remove from the grill when cooked.
- Heat the vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir.
- Turn off the heat and combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Combine the curry paste, palm sugar, salt and tamarind sauce, simmer for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the peanuts, stir and remove from the heat.
Serve the Chicken Satay with bowls of the 2 sauces.
Hope you enjoy my satay gai. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.