Muu Krob Nam Jim Sab
Serves 2 Cooks in 60 minutes Difficulty LITTLE BIT TRICKY
Crispy Belly Pork
- 600g pork belly
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml vinegar
- Juice from 2 limes
- 8-10 chilli
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 coriander root
- A good handful of coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pork stock
- Add the belly pork, fatty side down in 250ml of water in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork and pat it dry. Then score the skin with cuts around 0.5cm apart. Score diagonally left to right, then diagonally right to left to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Add the vinegar to a bowl, add the belly pork skin side down and soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the vinegar and rub it with the salt. Put the pork in an air-fryer or conventional oven for 30 mins at 180˚C until the skin turns a little brown and hard. Remove the pork from the oven and let it cool.
- Whilst the pork is cooling, smash the garlic, chilli and coriander root in a pestle and mortar. Scrape out this mixture into a small bowl. Add the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and stock and mix well. Top the sauce with the coriander leaves.
- Heat some oil in a wok and deep fry the pork until the skin bubbles. Remove from the oil and drain well.
Chop the pork into slices and serve on a plate with the bowl of dipping sauce.
Hope you enjoy my Phad Phrik Grua Muu, it is really quick and easy to make. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.