Bplah Tod Kratiem
Serves 2 Cooks in 40 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 1 fish
- 2 1/2 bulbs of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 coriander roots
- 1 tbsp tempura flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp stock
- 2 tsp sugar
- 100ml water
- Rub some salt and the tempura flour on both sides of the fish and deep fry until both sides are nice and crispy. Remove from the oil, drain and set to one side.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok and gently fry two of the garlic bulbs until a little crispy. Remove, drain and set to one side.
- In a pestle and mortar, smash the remaining half bulb of garlic and the black peppercorns.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok and gently fry this mixture for two minutes. Add the water and give everything a good stir. Then add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and stock and cook until the liquid reduces slightly.
Lay the fish on a large plate and top with the sauce, then top with the crispy garlic. Eat with Jasmin rice or serve as part of a larger Thai meal.
Hope you enjoy my Bplah Tod Kratiem. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.