Serves 2 Cooks in 40 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 25g Massaman curry paste
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast sliced
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut in to chunks
- 50g peanuts
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1-2 tbsp tamarind sauce
- Boil the potato chunks in a saucepan until cooked.
- Heat wok, add Massaman paste and 1/4 of the coconut milk.
- Add chicken and move around in pan to allow spices to coat chicken.
- Add rest of coconut milk and turn heat down to a simmer.
- Add stock, potato, peanuts, onion and stock and simmer for 30 mins.
- Taste, add fish sauce, tamarind sauce and salt.
- Taste again and adjust seasoning.
Serve with rice or roti and charred pineapple.
Hope you enjoy my massaman gai. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.