Serves 4 Cooks in 20 Minutes Difficulty EASY
- 100g tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 25g Penang curry paste
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1-2 lime leaves very finely sliced
- 1 sweet chilli
- 10 sweet basil leaves
- A handful of pea eggplants
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp vegan fish sauce
- Heat a good layer of oil in your wok or frying pan and fry the tofu until it starts to crisp around the edges. Drain and place the tofu on some kitchen paper.
- Heat wok until medium heat and the oil moves freely.
- Add paste and thick part of the milk.
- Add tofu and move around in pan to allow spices to coat tofu.
- Add rest of milk and turn heat down.
- Add the pea eggplants, chilli, vegetable stock, palm sugar and fish vegan sauce.
- Taste and adjust, throw in the sweet basil leaves and lime leaves.
Serve with rice and a fresh mango salad.
Hope you enjoy my Penang Curry with Tofu. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.