Prik Gairng Pa Nang
Storage 2 months Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 5 sweet red chilli
- 5 dried red chilli
- 1 tbsp galangal, chopped
- 1 tsp kafir lime zest
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 10 black pepper corns
- 1 coriander root
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- Roast the coriander and cumin seeds and black pepper corns until they have smell nice.
- Add this to a pestle and mortar and smash until they are a powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and smash together for around 30 minutes or until a nice thick paste is formed.
Alternatively you can blend the ingredients together but the curry paste tastes much better if smashed by hand in a pestle and mortar.
If you fry the finished paste in 2 tbsp oil the paste will last a long time in your fridge.
Store in the fridge for up to two months.
Penang curry paste is a core ingredient for Penang Curry with Pork. Hope you enjoy my Prik Gairng Pa Nang. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.