Prik Gairng Pa Nang
Storage 2 months Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 20 dried red chillies
- 2 tbsp lemon grass, chopped
- 2 tbsp galangal, chopped
- 1 tsp kafir lime zest
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 15 black pepper corns
- 1 coriander root
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Smash the chillies and salt in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and smash together for around 30 minutes or until a nice thick paste is formed.
Alternatively you can blend the ingredients together but the curry paste tastes much better if smashed by hand in a pestle and mortar.
Store in the fridge for up to two months.
Penang curry paste is a core ingredient for Penang Curry with Pork. Hope you enjoy my Prik Gairng Pa Nang. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.