Phad Cha Muu
Serves 2 Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 150g pork tenderloin thinly sliced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 finger roots, 2 sliced thin lengthways
- 10 chillies
- 3 stalks of green pepper corns
- 3 Thai aubergines
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced
- 1 handful of sweet Thai basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 kafir lime leaves
- 1 sweet chilli
- 1 tsp pork stock
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Smash the shallot, garlic, lemongrass and one of the finger roots with a pestle and mortar. Add the chillies and turmeric and smash further to form a rough paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the smashed ingredients and the pork and stir fry.
- Add the pork stock, sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, aubergine, lime leaves and sweet chilli and stir fry further.Add the sweet basil, the slice finger roots and green pepper corns and fry for one more minute.
Serve in a bowl and eat with steamed Jasmine rice.
Hope you enjoy my Phad Cha Muu. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.