Gung Phad Pong Karee
Serves 2 Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 8-10 shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml carnation milk
- 50 ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chilli paste in oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 6 chillies, chopped
- 2-3 spring onions
- 3 stalks and leaves of flat leaf parsley, cut into long pieces
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 sweet chilli
- Mix the milk, chilli paste, oyster sauce, sugar and 1 tbsp of the curry powder in a bowl. Add the soy sauce and chicken stock and mix well. Add the egg, mix again and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the garlic and chillies and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the remaining curry powder, mix, then add the shrimp and onion and fry a couple more minutes.
- Add the mixture for step 1 to the wok and mix well. Add a little water too.
- Throw in the spring onion and parsley and fry for one more minute.
Serve on a large plate with steamed Jasmine rice.
Hope you enjoy my Gung Phad Pong Karee. As an alternative you can replace the shrimps with steamed crab. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.