Khao Pad Tom Yam Gai
Serves 2 Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 1 bowl of cooked rice
- 50g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 30g mushroom roughly chopped
- 4 red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 lime leaf
- Thumb sized piece of galangal diced
- 1 coriander root
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass thinly sliced
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp Chilli paste in oil
- Handful of long coriander
- 1 tsp pork stock
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- Smash the chilli, garlic, galangal, lemongrass and coriander root in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the smashed garlic, chilli, galangal, lemongrass and coriander root for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry until cooked.
- Add the chilli paste, pork stock, milk, fish sauce, sugar, mushrooms and lime leaf.
- Add the eggs and stir. When the eggs are almost cooked add the rice and stir well.
- Add the tomato, spring onions, coriander, long coriander and lime juice.
Garnish with sliced cucumber and a fried egg.
Hope you enjoy my Tom Yam flavoured Fried Rice with Chicken. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.