Tom Yam Gung
Serves 2 Cooks in 35 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 10 shrimp
- 100g mushroom
- 8 chillies finely sliced
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1/2 thumb sized stick of galangal cut into 5 slices
- 1 shallot
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 tomato or a few cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 3 tbsp chilli paste in oil
- 2 long parsley leaves
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 7 tbsp carnation milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp pork stock
- Boil the galangal, lemongrass, the root from the coriander, shallot, chillies, chilli paste, fish sauce, stock, salt and lime leaves in 250ml water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, onion, mushroom, tomato, milk and lime juice and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
Combine everything and serve in a large bowl and garnish with Thai parsley and coriander.
Hope you enjoy my Tom Yam Gung. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.