Gung Phad Kratiem Prikthai
Serves 2 Cooks in 10 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 500g shrimp
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 2 tsp black pepper corns
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, cut into segments
- 1 sweet chilli
- 1 baby sweetcorn
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 tbsp crispy garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut the roots off the coriander and roughly chop. Smash the coriander roots, garlic and black pepper corns in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add this mixture.
- Add the shrimps and mix well.
- Add the water and stir. Then add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and stock.
- Add the onion, sweet chilli and baby sweetcorn and stir fry until the shrimp is cooked.
- Chop the rest of the coriander sprigs and the spring onions into pieces a roughly 2 cm long and add to the wok. Stir a few more times and remove from the heat.
Serve in on a large plate or bowl and top with the crispy garlic. Eat with steamed Jasmine Rice.
Hope you enjoy my stir fried shrimp with garlic and pepper by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.