Bplah Tod Kamin
Serves 2 Cooks in 80 minutes Difficulty Easy
Bplah Tod Kamin is a simple and quick way to cook fish giving it a nice crispy taste. Translated it’s Fried Fish in Turmeric, kamin being Thai for turmeric.
The recipe uses fresh turmeric which we believe is good for the stomach and is often used for treating stomach problems. Turmeric is also packed with vitamins, namely A, B, C and E.
As well as an antibiotic for the stomach, turmeric is also good for the skin and helps lower cholesterol.
Fresh turmeric is best for this recipe but you could use powdered turmeric instead. All other ingredients should be fairly easy to obtain.
- 1 big piece of fish
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely sliced
- 1 coriander root, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric, sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 1 tsp tempura flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- Smash the coriander, lemon grass, garlic, turmeric and stock in a pestle and mortar until a rough paste is formed.
- Add the tempura flour, mix well and then use this mixture to coat the fish. Leave the fish in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the fish on a medium heat until both sides are golden.
Serve in with Jasmine rice and some sliced tomatoes and sliced cucumber.
Hope you enjoy Bplah Tod Kamin by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.