Gairng Jud Tao Hu Muu Sab
Serves 2 Cooks in 40 minutes Difficulty Easy
I thought about adding this simple clear soup to my Khao Lak Thai cooking class menu but it’s so easy to make I can just explain how to make it here instead. No extra tuition required 😉
This soup is very popular with Thai children, it is often served for lunch at school. It has a bit of everything, meat, vegetables and a simple taste.
Gairng Jud Tao Hu Muu Sab is also a great accompaniment to a spicy Thai meals. It helps to cool the mouth a little.
It is very easy to make using simple, readily available ingredients. You can also add some extra vegetables like carrots or mushrooms to my basic recipe below.
A delicious vegetarian alternative would be to replace the pork with extra vegetables.
- 300 ml water
- 150g minced pork
- 1 block of egg tofu
- 4 cloves of garlic shrimps
- 2 coriander roots
- 5 Chinese cabbage leaves
- 1 tbsp celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tbps spring onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp pork stock
- Crispy deep fried garlic
- 10 black pepper corns
- Smash the garlic, coriander roots and black pepper in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the minced pork and mix well. Then add oyster sauce and soy sauce, stir and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the water in a sauce pan and add the pork stock.
- Take the minced pork and make into small balls and drop into the suace pan.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and sugar, then the tofu.
Serve in a large bowl and top with celery, spring onion and crispy garlic.
Please try this dish at home, its so easy and fun. Hope you enjoy Gairng Jud Tao Hu Muu Sab by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.