Phrik Gairng Keow Wan
Storage 2 months Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 20 fresh green chillies
- 10 black pepper corns
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp roasted fennel seeds
- 1 tsp chopped galangal
- 2 tbsp finely sliced lemongrass
- 1 tsp kafir lime zest
- 1 tsp chopped coriander root
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- Heat a frying pan and gently roast the fennel seeds for one minute.
- Starting with the salt and chillies, smash all the ingredients together in a pestle and mortar for around 30 minutes or until a nice thick paste is formed.
Alternatively you can blend the ingredients together but the curry paste tastes much better if smashed by hand in a pestle and mortar.
Store in the fridge for up to two months.
Green curry paste is a core ingredient for Thai Green Curry. Hope you enjoy my Phrik Gairng Keow Wan. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.