Phad Priow Wan Gai
Serves 4 Cooks in 30 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 2-3 chicken breasts, chopped
- 25g green curry paste
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 handful of Thai eggplants, quartered
- 4 kafir lime leaves
- 2-3 sweet chillies
- A good handful of sweet Thai basil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- Heat your wok or frying pan.
- Add the green curry paste (make your own paste here) and a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk and fry until the oils of the curry paste bubble through the milk.
- Add the chicken and fry until nearly cooked.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the eggplant, lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar and stock and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the sweet Thai basil leaves and sweet chilli.
- Stir well and adjust your seasoning.
Pour the curry into a large serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of sweet Thai Basil. Serve with steamed Jasmine Rice.
Apple’s Thai Meal Tip
Green curry with chicken goes well with either a glass noodle salad or stir fried vegetables, or both 🙂
Hope you enjoy my Gairng Keow Wan Gai. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.