Galam Pri Tod Nam Bplah
Serves 3-4 Cooks in 10 minutes Difficulty EASY
I love this dish. It is super simple yet elegant and includes the classic Thai flavours of garlic and fish sauce.
Younger cabbage works better as the leaves are much more supple and delicate. The secret here is keeping the leaves soft and delicate.
The greatness of this recipe lie in its simplicity, follow the simple steps and impress with this dish every time.
- 1 medium cabbage (500g) younger
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp of oil
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and peel the leaves
- Heat a cup of oil in a wok, shallow fry (around 3 mins) until just soft
- Remove from oil and drain well leaving a tbsp of oil in the wok, add the garlic, fry until golden and drain
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil until hot
- Add fish sauce around the outside of the wok
- Add the stock and sugar, stir well until incorporated
- Add the cabbage and garlic back to the wok, stir fry for 1 minute making sure to coat all the leaves evenly
Serve on a plate or in a shallow bowl along side a main course or as salad style dish for a party.
Hope you enjoy my Galam Pri Tod Nam Bplah by Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.