Yam Som Oh
Serves 2 Cooks in 25 minutes Difficulty EASY
- 1/2 a pomelo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp pork stock
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp grated and lightly fried coconut
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps
- 1 tbsp of crispy fried shallots
- Heat some oil in a wok and deep fry one sliced shallot. When it starts to turn crispy, drain and set to one side.
- Lightly fry some grated coconut.
- Mix the lime juice, sugar, chilli powder and stock in a bowl.
- Add the pomelo, chopped shallot, spring onion, fried coconut flakes, shrimps and cashew nuts. Mix well.
Serve on a plate and top with crispy shallot.
Pomelo Salad makes a great appetizer for any Thai meal.
Hope you enjoy my yam som oh. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.