Gairng Keow Wan Tohu
Serves 4 Cooks in 20 Minutes Difficulty EASY
- 25g – 35g green curry paste
- 1 tbsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- A good handful of sweet Thai basil
- 4 kafir lime leaves
- 2-3 sweet chillies
- 1 handful of Thai eggplants, quartered
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 block of tofu, cubed and deep fried
- Heat a good layer of oil in your wok or frying pan and fry the tofu until it starts to crisp around the edges. Drain and place the tofu on some kitchen paper.
- Heat a little oil in your wok or frying pan.
- Add the green curry paste and a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk and fry until the oils of the curry paste bubble through the milk.
- Add the tofu and stir well.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the eggplant, lime leaves, vegan fish sauce, sugar and stock and cook a further 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the sweet Thai basil leaves and sweet chilli.
- Stir well and adjust your seasoning.
Pour the curry into a large serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of sweet Thai Basil. Serve with steamed Jasmine Rice.
Hope you enjoy my Green Curry with Tofu. Khop Khun Ka from Apple 🍎 Riverside Thai Cooking in Khao Lak.